The Citizenship-by-Investment Program of St. Kitts and Nevis was established in 1984, making it the oldest and longest established program of its kind in the world.
The Government of St. Kitts and Nevis utilizes this program to attract investors of good character to make a substantial contribution to the development of the Federation. These investors are then given the opportunity to apply for citizenship and passport within the strict guidelines of the law and the relevant regulations.
To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, the Government requires either an investment one time contribution
USD$ 150,000 to Hurricane Relief Fund (expires Mar 30, 2018)
Designated real estate with a value of at least US$ 400,000 plus payment of various registration and other fees,
A contribution to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (a public charity) to the amount of US$ 250,000, depending on the number of dependents included in the application
With the real-estate option , there may be additional purchase costs as well as government fees of US$ 35,000 for a single applicant plus US$15,000 for each dependent, plus a US$ 5,000 due diligence fee for each adult included in an application, and processing fees which depend on each case. The real estate cannot be re-sold until 5 years after the purchase, and it will not qualify the next buyer for citizenship.
All Citizen of St Kitts and Nevis are given a St Christopher (Kitts) and Nevis Passport which has visa free access to over 130 countries in the World, including United Kingdom, Europe (Schengen), Singapore, Hong Kong etc..
In St. Kitts and Nevis, tourism and financial services are the most important growth sector and also offers good investment opportunities.
The following are the important benefits of St Kitts and Nevis.
- Stable political environment, with the most stable government in the Caribbean
- One of the highest literacy rates in the region at 98% (Easily trainable labour force)
- Modern infrastructure: Roads, Air and Sea Ports, Water and Electricity
- Advance Telecommunication Infrastr ucture
- A stable currency fixed at 1 US$ to 2.70 EC$
- No personal income tax
- Direct air access from key North American cities and the United Kingdom
- Home to the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, the Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange and the Eastern Caribbean Regulatory Commission
- A well regulated financial services sector
- Citizenship-by-Investment option for substantial investors
- Investor friendly and stable government
- English is the official language spoken by our citizens
- Dedicated Investment Promotion Agency, consular and diplomatic representations to assist investors in establishing their business
- Generous incentive package including corporate tax incentives, exemption from import duties, exemption from withholding taxes and export allowance for qualified investments
- State of the art National Information and Communication Technology Training Center
- Small business incubators for IT related businesses
- St. Kitts ranks well above the Caribbean and global scales for internet usage and capacity
- St. Kitts is located within the same time zone as USA East Coast (daylight savings not observed)